"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/18/12

Coming Soon to the Parkarosa

Kittens!



I stole this photo from the Craigslist ad. They are both female, 9 weeks old now, and siblings. I will pick them up on the 28th, after the fair since I'm not home much during the fair. I think I need to be here until they are properly introduced to their new home. I am so excited. It's going to be fun. I've been thinking of names. First I thought of Knitsy and Purlette. Ruth doesn't like those names. So now I'm kicking around Cashmere and Merino, since my current cat is Chenille. Gotta keep with the knitting theme.

I have this weekend off. So glad because I need it. Yesterday was a grueling stressful not fun day. Some of the Superintendents of the other depts in building 3 are extremely difficult to work with. That, and I'm dealing with the attitude of  "We've been doing it this way for 10 years, so that's the way it's done." It's being done wrong. It needs to be changed. I am going to have a LOT to say at the after-fair meeting, let me tell you. Whoever is in charge (and after 3 years of doing this, I get conflicting names as to who that is) is not planning anything. It was chaos, confusion, and downright stupidity yesterday. Frustration, anger, stupid politics, aggravation--on top of that a metal non-insulated building in 93F degree heat. I did a lot of this.



I was so exhausted when I got home I couldn't get out of my recliner once I sat in it. So, tell me again, why do I love this job? Maybe it's the challenge? Anyway, we managed to finish the knitting part. Other depts were not done yet and returning today to finish. I plan to drop in on Monday to see the finished job and put up some signs I forgot about. I'm not going anywhere near that place today.

My plans for today are laundry, gardening, and seeing if we can go visit our kittens. If we can, I will take pics.

Until then, live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. The kittens are so cute! I like the names Cashmere and Merino.

    Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete