"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/10/12

Simple Woman's Daybook for April 10, 2012



Outside my window...
Sunshine! We're going to have a beautiful warm day. Prediction is for 70F. Woo hoo!

I am thinking...
I am glad to be alive today.

I am thankful...
that spring has finally arrived. I'm also thankful for my new furniture for the deck. It arrived last Tueday in a HUGE cardboard box. I was not home when it was delivered and it snowed all that day, so when I got home it had a couple inches of snow on top. I didn't unpack it. I waited until Thursday, after the snow had melted and it was just a bit dryer out.

In the kitchen...
is an empty pie dish. For Easter dinner, I made pumpkin pie. I thought "Why do I have to wait until Thanksgiving for pumpkin pie?" Then I went to the store and bought some pumpkin. I made two pies. One is in the freezer. The other one has been eaten. It was the best pumpkin pie I've ever made. I also cooked a leg of lamb roast, and made deviled eggs. We went to brother-in-laws house for dinner.

I am wearing...
my jammies and my leopard print robe. Being lazy about getting dressed this morning, as usual.

I am creating...
the February Lady Sweater for my daughter. It's so close to being done I can smell it. I finished the first sleeve and I'm about 3/4 through the second. I will definitely get it done in time. Yay! However, I have not worked on anything else. A sacrifice had to be made.

I am going...
to Rathdrum Knitalong today cuz it's Tuesday and that is what I do on Tuesdays. I expect to finish off the FLS while there.

I am wondering...
How long is the pain in my right jaw going to hang around. I came down with TMJ about 2 weeks ago. I was waking up in the middle of the night with my teeth clenched together so tight it's a wonder they didn't shatter! The pain got pretty severe, but I've been doing exercises and massage and it's healing fairly quickly. I can chew now without sending myself into a coma. Obviously, there is some stress in my life that is affecting me. I need to figure out what it is.

I am reading...
The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest. I've already read the first two books of this triliogy. It's very interesting and hard to put down.

I am hoping...
for a warm normal spring so I can plant my garden.

I am looking forward to...
using my new deck furniture. I've been able to sit out in the sun twice since I set it out on the deck. It is very very comfortable. My husband is quite happy with my choice too, which makes it even better.

I am learning
new recipes. Because the first 36 years of my life were spent in a religious cult that didn't eat pork, I don't have much of a repertoire of recipes for it. Last Friday I tried a recipe for Pork Chop and Potato Casserole. It was SOOOOO good! The hubs loved it. I will be making it again.

Around the house...
are 3 metal wall sculptures that I bought from Cabelas. A fourth is on order. I got a moose, a deer, and two trees to install on the front of our house. I want to pretty it up some.

 

I am pondering...
whether to get back to that book I was writing or not.

A favorite quote for today...
"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

One of my favorite things...
 Cadbury Cream Eggs. Yesterday I went to Kmart and bought some on clearance. I didn't get any for Easter and needed to fix that oversight.  

A few plans for the rest of the week:
I haven't really thought about it. Finish the FLS, and perhaps I can finish the fingerless mitts I'm designing for Ray too. I need to get that done.

Picture thought to share...

What Cable thinks of roast Lamb.


If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here


Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment