"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/2/12

Poinsettia Santa

It was a productive weekend. Another project finished!



I made this Santa and Poinsettia Christmas stocking for Cable. The felt applique kit is available at Herrschners, among other places. It's made by Bucilla. It was quite fun to make. I did do a couple changes to make it unique. I also lined it with some cute fabric I found in the stash.



I worked on the February Lady sweater and I have 6 rows of garter stitch left to go and the body is done.

I have spring fever, really bad. Last week I went to Home Depot to purchase a replacement outdoor light for the one that quit working (urg). The spring fever just kind of exploded out of me and I went a little crazy. I purchased new cushions for the chairs on the deck. I bought little square lamps for the tables. They are solar powered, which is so cool! I bought 2 lamps. One for this table, and one for a future table.



I got a cushion for my rocking chair too.



I have decided my summer goal is yard beautification. It's been neglected for so long because of my poor health. Now that I have the energy, I'm anxious to get started. Along with the chair cushions I also bought this piece of metal art to put on the wall along the deck. I found it at Fred Meyer. When I asked at Home Depot if they had any outdoor wall art, the nice salesclerk sent me there. I absolutely LOVE these butterflies.



I ordered some new patio furniture for the deck too. I am so excited! I finally found a seating set that I like. When I went to Home Depot, I spotted it and fell in love. It's exactly what I've been looking for the past 3 years. I'm chucking the plastic chaise lounges we hardly ever sit on for this set.

Picture taken from Home Depot web site

It's actually quite a bit larger than it looks in the picture. It is SO comfortable, and the sturdy frame is made of metal, painted brown with gold highlights. The pillows are included. I ordered it online because you get free shipping that way. Otherwise I would have to figure out how to get it home myself. I can hardly wait for it to get here.

I'm anxious for the weather to get good enough to start working on the gardening stuff. Should be able to start digging in just a couple weeks or so. I'm looking forward to the grass growing. I'm prepared for it now. I got me a brand spanking new Ryobi cordless weedeater.



I've needed one for several years but every time I've brought the subject up, Sweet Hubby has objected. We have a gas powered one but it's too heavy and almost impossible for me to start. I decided I was getting one regardless of what he thinks. I need tools that I can handle. This weedeater is very light, yet plenty powerful for my purposes. To the weeds I say "Bring it on!".

Tomorrow it's supposed to be nice and get up to 62F degrees. I am so excited. Spring is coming at last. I plan to clean the deck off. Maybe next weekend I can get Sweet Hubby to power wash it before I put the new furniture on it.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment