"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/10/12

I Missed It

I had plans to do a WIP Wednesday post this week, but I didn't have time. So I'll do it on Friday instead.

Here's a blast from the past. I made these socks in 2008.



I think it was the 2nd time I washed them they came out of the washer with huge holes in one sock and a small one in the other. I tossed them 'in the back of the closet' (figuratively speaking) cuz of frustration. Well, I've been wanting to wear those socks so I decided to fix the holes.



On this sock the biggest hole was on the instep. It was too big to just fix, so Tuesday night I unraveled from the toe back past the hole and started reknitting it. Fortunately, I kept the leftover yarn so I can do this.

I have 2 other pairs of socks that came out of the washer that day with holes in them. I think they caught on a zipper or something. Now I make sure to put my socks in a lingerie bag when going in the washer.

I also worked a little bit on the baby aran, but not enough to take a pic of it.

This ornament cover is sitting out on the dining room table for easy access. I've been grabbing a minute here and a minute there to work on it.



I'm doing the last step-putting on the fringe. It's a LOT of fringe. Uses over 300 pearls. I'm using plastic ones. I think it would be silly for me to use real pearls on something like this (not to mention it would cost a fortune). I've got 1/3rd of it done.

This is not my WIP, but I am very proud of it just the same. Or maybe I should say I'm very proud of the lady who knit it, my daughter.

Lindy likes the blanket too.

She started this blanket, for herself, last May. Yesterday she bound off the last stitch. All that's left is weaving in the ends and blocking it. She worked on this project almost every day since casting it on. I admire her perseverance.

We're gonna have to move some furniture out of the way so she can use the rug in the living room for a blocking surface.

The sunshine is gone, the temps have gone up a bit, and it's raining. It's mushy out there. I want spring.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment