"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/4/12

WIP Wednesday 1/4/2012



Lets start the first Wednesday of the year with a WIP Wednesday post, shall we?

On New Years Eve I started a Baby Aran sweater for Knit Wits.



The yarn is a Lion Brand Sayelle 100% acrylic that was donated to Knit Wits. So far, I'm liking it. It's nice yarn to work with even though it is very old.

I started a new sock project yesterday. I'm going to design some sock patterns for an independent yarn dyer, Knitivity, for him to sell or give away with his yarns. I worked out the stitch pattern I'm going to use and made a swatch to see how it will look in the yarn I chose. I'm using a slip-stitch pattern with an interesting cable in it combined with regular rib. I'm waiting for Ray's opinion before I cast on the first sock.



I decided to start with a skein of yarn I actually bought from him last year. It is one of his Blog Reader Specials-yarns he dyes with leftover dyes, or maybe they're yarns that didn't come out the way he wanted for a particular customer so he puts them up on his blog and sells them. All of them are one-of-a-kind yarns.

I am teaching Cable how to fetch. I bought this funny looking frisbee toy to do it. The first time I took her out, Monday, I would throw the toy and say 'fetch'. She'd run to the toy, then run back to me, leaving the toy behind. Yesterday she brought the toy back to me about 50% of the time. That is pretty good progress! I expect by the end of the week she'll be a pro at fetching. She is such a smart girl and seems to learn things quickly.

We still have no snow. The temps have dropped down, but the sun continues to shine and the days are beautiful. I have to admit, it's a lot easier walking a dog in this kind of weather than if we had a foot or more of snow. Yesterday morning I heard Towhee's up in the trees. It was a surprise to hear them. Usually I don't hear them until spring. Last summer I heard a lot of predictions about being in snow up to our ears this winter. They haven't been accurate. We do need snow on the mountains though, or it will be a very dry summer.






If you're interested in participating in WIP Wednesday, please join us.


Live long and prosper. \\//




No comments:

Post a Comment