"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/24/12

One Foot To Go

I finished the first sock of my new design. It is tentatively called the Blog Reader Special socks cuz that's what kind of yarn I'm using to make them, one of Knitivity's Blog Reader Specials.



I love the way the colors pooled on the foot. I hope the second sock will be similar. I am also proud of the short row heel. It's the best one I've done-hand knitting, that is. (My machine knit ones put this one to shame.)



Speaking of sock designs, Wheat Rib Socks is still being tested. Man, did I make a lot of mistakes in the writing of that pattern. The way I wrote the instructions for the heel was a real mess. I'm so glad I've got test knitters other than me. Testing ends by the end of this month. Then I'll be able to post it on the pattern page.

I think I mentioned in my last post that we have snow. It's melted a little bit, but then we got more last night and now we have 8 inches. It's snowing again right now. We'll probably have more by morning.

Cable absolutely LOVES snow. She lays in it, rolls in it, runs in it, happily frolics and dances in it. I've never seen a dog that loves snow as much as she does. It's funny to watch her playing in the snow. I took some pictures of her.

Here ya go Mom.

She's getting pretty good at retrieving too. It's so nice to be able to toss a toy and she'll run and get it and bring it back. 

Wheeeee!

Catch the vicious frizbee toy!
Waiting for me to throw it again.

Rolling in the snow.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment