"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/3/11

Wildlife Visits

Thought I'd share some pics I have taken in the last couple days.

First, I got Tilly in the front yard. I was at the front window, hiding behind the blinds with my camera lens poking through just waiting for her to stroll by. I was successful, though I did get a bit of glare from the window.

Click on the pics to embiggen.
  She was looking for bird seed that might have fallen on the ground under the Parkarosa Bird Buffet.


There isn't any. I haven't been stocking the feeders because there is so much wild seed on all the plant life around here right now. I did dump a small cup of bird seed on the ground in the back yard today, though, just for her. She seemed to enjoy it.

It was a beautiful day today. I decided to sit out on the deck and do a little beading. While I was working on a bracelet (to be shown after it's finished) I heard a racket of thumping and branches breaking in the trees. It sounded like kids playing, or maybe even a hunter thrashing around in there (we occasionally get trespassing hunters at this time of year-a scary thing to be sure) so I yelled "Hey, is anyone out there?!" It got quiet, and then this fellow stepped out.


He stood there and stared at me for the longest time. Then he turned and walked back into the trees.


My goodness but he's a big fellow. I could hear him stomping around in there for quite awhile. I have locked Tommy's gate so he can't run around the yard unsupervised just to be safe. I wouldn't want him trying to nip this guys heels. I suspect this fellow will hang around for a couple days.

I heard back on the uterine tissue sample tests. Everything seems to be normal, and no cancer. Hearing that one does not have cancer is always good news.

Tomorrow is Rathdrum Knitalong. I'm looking forward to it.

Live long and prosper. \\//


3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear of your good news! Love the wildlife pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, benign is one of the most beautiful words in the English language.

    Love the pictures. Any idea why your turkey doesn't have a flock? I've never seen a solo turkey here. Always flocks of a dozen or more.

    I think if I was outside and got stared down by a moose I'd be very nervous. Are they safe?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marguerite,
    I do not know about the turkey, except that maybe she didn't get to mate with a male, or maybe she just prefers to be alone. Down the road from us there are 3 hens who hang out at one particular house all the time. Further down still are 2 hens with a whole bunch of babies (obviously, the local Toms thought they were hot babes). The only time they really flock together around here is when it's mating season.

    Moose are not safe! They are very unpredictable and dangerous. I wasn't nervous though cuz I was a long ways away from him, using my wonderful telephoto lens. If he had walked toward me, even at the distance I was I would have turned tail and run for the house. I'm a chicken where moose are concerned.

    ReplyDelete