"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

10/20/11

Even Robots Jobs Are In Danger In This Economy

The last  couple days have not been drama free. I went out to lunch with some friends yesterday and when I returned home there was a message from the surgeon. My insurance company wasn't going to cover the robot surgery, so he was going to have to do regular laparoscopy instead. I was just a bit upset because they'd okayed it earlier. I had a letter saying so.

Today my surgeon called me again and told me the robot surgery is back on again. I guess Blue Cross suddenly decided they weren't covering any of the robot assisted surgeries ever again. The hospital powers that be got angry and they had a big meeting this morning with Blue Cross. They worked something out and all the robots are back on the job. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Nothing is ever simple, is it?

Whatever happens, I better not have a uterus when I wake up tomorrow afternoon.

This is my last post for a few days. I will return when I've recovered enough from my surgery to do so. Thank you for all the well wishes and prayers. Until then...





1 comment:

  1. Hope everything goes well and we're hearing from you again soon!

    ReplyDelete