"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/24/11

Just Call Me Moth Whisperer

This morning I went outside to take a picture of my new shoes.


They are metallic black and purple LAGear shoes with Honeycomb cushioning. Since my sprained foot is still sllllooooowwwllllly healing, I felt the need for some really well made comfortable cushioned shoes to walk the building in because the floor is concrete and my foot didn't like it after last week in leather loafers. (Actually, my back disliked it even more.) My sneakers are over 15 years old and well worn out. I needed new ones.

I wore them to Rathdrum Knitalong yesterday. They are the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn in my life. Not exaggerating! Usually with a new pair of sneakers you get a few days of pain while breaking them in. Not these. They are very light in weight too. Like wearing little hugs on my feet. I am so glad I bought them.

Anyway, to get back to the story, after taking some pics of the shoes I grabbed my lens cover and flipped my camera over to put it on and there was this little golden moth sitting on my index finger.

Click on pic to embiggen

If you've been reading this blog a long time, you might know this happens to me quite often with moths and butterflies. It posed for the camera for a few minutes, then fluttered away. Totally cool!

I have been working on the chevron sweater. I had planned to take it to Rathdrum Knitalong yesterday, but I misplaced the pattern I'd scribbled out. I was wishing it was in my phone. After returning home, I found it-right where I thought I'd left it.  Didn't see it the first few times I looked there. I just hate it when that happens.

This morning I went out on the deck while it was still cool and shady and worked on the chevron. I was still wishing it was in my phone in case I forget to take the pattern with me in the future when my phone beeped. There was an update available for one of my apps. Oh yeah! I'd forgotten about that. I have an app for 'scanning' documents and turning them into pdfs. Silly me! Now my pattern scribbles are safely in my phone. If you're a knitter, and you have a smart phone, I highly recommend an app like this. It works great. I have CamScanner-Phone PDF Creator.

This afternoon is my first Walk The Building shift at the fair. I'll let you know how it goes.

Live long and prosper. \\//




No comments:

Post a Comment