"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/9/11

So It Begins

After a bit of close personal time with my calculator, paper, and pencil, I have come up with a pattern for a short sleeved sweater that should fit me perfectly if all goes well. I cast on immediately and have 3 inches done on the back already.


A close up of the stitch pattern. (Click on the pic to embiggen.)


I'm using a variegated yarn and a matching solid in chevron stripes. I'm enjoying the stitch pattern. It's garter stitch, but it's not boring with the increases and decreases every 9 stitches. The fabric feels good too. Not heavy, like I was expecting.

The cooking experiment was a resounding success last night. It was the best roast beef I've ever cooked. I will be doing that gain in the future.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is beautiful! The fabric does look lovely. Good for you for making something for yourself!!!

    ReplyDelete