"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/5/11

I Have Knitted FO's!

This morning I cleaned the beading stuff off the blocking board on the dining room table just enough to give me some room to block and finish the baby sweater. I figured I'd block the entrelac fingerless mitts that I hadn't done yet too. Then I sewed buttons on the sweater. They are now both officially finished.



Baby Pullover in Lichen Green for Knitwits

Pattern:
Easy Baby Aran by Sarah Hoffman
Size: 20 months

Yarn: Red Heart Eco-Ways #1615
Content:
70% Acrylic, 30% recycled Polyester
 

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 6 and 8.

Cast on: May 19, 2011
Bound off: June 21, 2011

Comments:  This sweater was a lot of fun to make and actually quite easy. I would recommend it for inexperienced knitters. The stitch patterns are just enough to make it interesting, but easy to memorize so I could carry it around with me for kipping.


The yarn felt a little strange to me. A bit like a plastic feel to it. I suspect it's the recycled polyester that gives it that feeling. After steam blocking it felt much better.

The buttons came from my stash of antique buttons that I 'inherited' several years ago.


I think I will enter this in the fair before I turn it in to Knitwits.

~~~~~~~~~~~~


 A Rainbow for My Hands the Prequel

Pattern: A Rainbow for My Hands by me.

Yarn: Crystal Palace Yarns Mini Mochi
Content: 80% Superwash Merino Wool/20% Nylon

Needles : Addi Turbo Circular size 1

Size: Ladies Medium

Cast On: Februaruy 23, 2011
Bound Off: May 13, 2011

Comments:  These were the prototype mitts for the pattern I wrote. I love this pattern, but then I'm biased because I wrote it. The yarn was a little hard to work with because it splits extremely easily when using sharp pointed needles. (I used Addi Turbo Lace. Very sharp.) So be aware. Other than that, I like it a lot. It feels very nice on the hands and the long color changes look very cool in entrelac.


It feels good to get them done.

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. They both turned out wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are gorgeous! I love the recycled yarn. For me, it looks very woolish even though it isn't! Love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are beautiful! Love the colors in the mitts, worked so well with the entrelac!

    ReplyDelete