"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/21/11

A Call To Arms

Just found out about this.



If you have projects that have been waiting around way too long to be finished, then this event is for you. Revelations of a Delusional Knitter is hosting it.

"Make a list of your intended conquests - WIPs that have been hanging around, how long they have been hanging around (if you can remember) and vow to finish them before the end of 2011! "

I'm joining. I've got a few WIPs nagging me to get done, some waiting as much as a few years for me to get off my tush. The really sad thing is it wouldn't take a whole lot of time to finish them. These are the ones I'm thinking of:


The mate to the above Blackberry Rick Sock is the first thing that came to my mind. I started these in March of 2010. The first sock went fine, but the second one not so good. I got frustrated with how awful it looked, and tossed it in a corner for an attitude adjustment.

Next is the red and white sweater for Knit Wits (February 2011). I need to sew it together. I got it all blocked in May. I took pics but never got around to posting. Usually I enjoy the finishing part of a project. For some reason, I've been dragging my feet on this one.


There's the lap afghans I need to sew together for Knit Wits too. I took this project on early in 2010. It should have been done a long time ago. I've figured out how I want to do it, I just have to sit down and --- DO IT!


Does anyone remember this one? Geez, I started it in July 2008. Molly the felted Moose.


And then there's that last pair of Entrelac mitts pattern that I was working on and got side tracked.


I have a couple non-knitted projects that really need to get done too. Like the felt applique Christmas stocking. It would be nice to have it done for Christmas.


And the Star Donut necklace. The donut is done. The necklace to hang it on is not. I started it but I don't like what I've got. I need to frog it and do something else.


Last, but not least, it sure would be nice to finally finish the counted cross stitch snowmen. I've had this one simmering for 6 years now.


Officially, I can't work on any of these until after the North Idaho Fair next month. But I'm going to commit myself to finishing them before the end of the year, in addition to the other stuff I'm working on. I can do it, I just have to apply myself.

If you, too, are interested in joining the 2011 War of WIPs, there's more info and sign-ups here:



Live long and prosper. \\//


3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Lots of great stuff. Thanks for joining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today is a good day to knit! It is good to meet a fellow Trekker. I'm in the War of WIPs army. Craft long and prosper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those socks (that sock, I mean) is too beautiful to be causing trouble in Peaceful Knitting Land! Gorgeous! And that donut! I'm in awe! Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete