"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/28/11

Guess Where I Am?



Need another hint?


I am in Westport, WA with a goodly portion of my husbands family. We all decided to come visit sis-in-law and her in-progress house for the weekend. I was able to find a beautiful condo on the beach at the last minute at a reasonable rate. How sweet is that? The first pic above is the view from my balcony.

Only one itty bitty complaint about this place. We're on the 3rd floor. Unfortunately, there is no elevator. My legs are talking about detaching themselves and beating me to death. The gimpy one is especially upset. They're just gonna have to get used to it cuz I am not leaving. I will probably be dragging my body up with my hands and arms in another trip or so, but that's okay.


Ruth and Tommy were with me when I went for a nice long walk on the beach. I think this might be Tommy's first time seeing the ocean. I don't think he's particularly fond of it. The wind is chilly (and being a whimpy greyhound type, he's shivering all the time.) and he got stung multiple times by a very angry bee-which we are still trying to figure out where it came from because there were no flowers around us, just sand and driftwood- poor little guy. He's exhausted and wrapped up in a nice warm blanket on the cushy sofa right now, eyes at half mast.

Anyway, it's so beautiful here. The sun is shining and the sky is blue and our next activity on schedule is coming up, so I'll just sign off until later.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment