"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/26/11

Simple Womans Daybook for April 26, 2011

FOR TODAY
April 26, 2011

Outside my window...
It is snowing heavily. You would never know that over the weekend we had glorious warm temps,sunshine, and blue sky. It is, in fact, snowing so hard that I gave up trying to keep the satellite dishes cleaned off and turned off the tv. It's piling up that quick. There wasn't anything on the news but royal wedding stuff anyway. sigh...

I am thinking...
that I am justified in hating snow.

I am thankful for...
the weather we had over the weekend. I got so excited I dug the cushions and umbrella out of storage and set up all the deck furniture. I then knitted for awhile in the sunshine, enjoying it immensely.

From the kitchen...
Last night we had leftovers for dinner. I'd rotisseried a leg of lamb on the barbeque for Easter dinner. The leftovers made wonderful Shepherds Pie. I am thinking maybe, when I get done with this blog post, I will fire up the crockpot for some soup or something. 4 inches of snow, and climbing, begs for comfort food.

I am wearing...
my jammies and purple fuzzy robe. Eventually I'll probably change into some black pants and my light yellow t-shirt with the lace edging around the neckline.

I am creating...
as always. I am about halfway done with the second sleeve of the Knitwits sweater. I've been Kipping it. I'm surprised at how many compliments it's getting. I guess that stripes idea was better than I thought.

I am going...
to Rathdrum Knitalong today, come hell or high snowbanks.
Nailed: Ten Christian Myths That Show Jesus Never Existed at All
I am reading...
a fascinating book titled Nailed by David Fitzgerald. It's about the actual historical evidence for the existence of Jesus Christ. The facts, not the lies.

I am hoping...
that the snow will stop and go away until next winter.

I am hearing...
the furnace, a clock ticking, the fridge humming, and Tommy snoring.

Around the house...

It's quiet. The house is still clean from getting it ready for Easter dinner guests (Dan and Sue). All the fur kids are asleep. The daughter isn't up yet. I'm enjoying the peace.

One of my favorite things...
is surfing the web looking for beaded eye candy. Here's the link to a site I enjoyed immensely over the weekend. Quite inspiring work: Bluepearls Perlen

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Well, assuming I can get out of the driveway, today I plan to attend the weekly Rathdrum Knitalong meeting. Tomorrow is Yarnies. Thursday is my knitting class. Other than that, it's the usual stuff around home.

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...
 I was making deviled eggs. I've never had this happen before.




If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Sending Springy vibes your way to get rid of the snow!!! A double yolk, cool!

    ReplyDelete