"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/25/11

Adventure in Entrelac

A lot of people have been asking me about Entrelac of late. It's a knitting technique I've always been interested in learning but just haven't gotten around to it. Well, with all these questions, I've decided it's time to learn it. I am going to make a pair of Entrelac fingerless mitts using some of the Mini Mochie sock yarn I bought on our trip last weekend. I've just begun the ribbing on the cuff.


In preparation for the Entrelac part after the ribbing I watched a couple Youtube videos on how to do it this morning. One is from Knitting Daily, the other is from Garn Studio Drops Designs. All I can say is "Wow. I didn't know it's that easy." Now I'm wishing I'd learned it years ago. But I tend to make time for stuff only when it becomes most important. I haven't felt the need until now.

I did finish the second Star Trek sock last Wednesday. I need to block it before I'll show it here.

Last night I did just a bit of beading. I worked on the 3rd of the beads I'm making for the Italian beading class. I've got until March 1st to get the 4th one done. I did not knit because I wasn't feeling well and for some reason it bothered me to do so. I feel much better this morning.

A couple weeks ago I mentioned I was trying a new Pork chop recipe and if I liked it I'd share the recipe here on the blog. Well, I didn't just like it. I loved it. It was delicious, and the meat was so moist. So, if you want to try Pork Chops marinated in a concoction that includes rum, here is a link to the recipe:


They say to barbecue them, but I broiled them in the oven and it was every bit as delicious.

That second blizzard never appeared last night. Oh, the wind blew hard enough to cause white out conditions by picking the snow up off the ground and close some of the highways around here, but the sky was clear and starry. No extra snow falling from above. Today the sun is shining brightly and the sky is blue, and it's 10F degrees. This is supposed to be our high for the day. Compared to tomorrows expected high, today is downright balmy.

I will spend the day trying to keep warm.

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. I haven't knit entrelac either, but I hear its fairly easy. Pork chops sound delicious, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. saved this recipe! Thanks for
    sharing it! Have been converting many to non-gluten now days. Been
    interesting!

    Thanks for your help
    with the electronics, but had to
    send it back....buggy! Bummed!
    Love you!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pork chops sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete