"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/31/11

Stuff

Picasa has fixed whatever the problem was with my photo albums. They work properly now. Yay! Thanks guys!

It's going to be a really busy week for me. Lunches with friends, appointments, Knitwits, class, knitting groups, amongst other things. Then on the 4th we're heading out of town for a quick trip to my favorite hot spring resort. So, if I don't post much this week, you know why.

I didn't do a whole lot of crafting over the weekend. On Saturday I had one of my migraines. I can't take Naproxen Sodium any more (because of the blood thinners) and Tylenol doesn't do a thing for them, so I was pretty incapacitated for the day. I spent it in the hug with an ice pack on my head, which helps some. I can't knit or bead or do anything that requires working my eyes much because they hurt so much and have a hard time focusing. I watched dvds, slept, and moaned and whined a lot. How can so much pain happen in one head I'll never know. 

On Sunday I awoke feeling human again. I did laundry, helped Doug put the Christmas decorations back in storage, puttered about the house, and got some beading done. I finished the peyote beads for the Space necklace. Which reminds me, someone in the comments wanted to see the tiny little space shuttle bead I made for the necklace.


It's orbiting one of the little planet beads.

I did something I've never done before this weekend. I turned one of my knitting projects over to someone else to finish. I started this lace shawl for Knitwits some months ago.


For whatever reason I find myself not wanting to work on it any more. Ruth has volunteered to finish it. Who am I to look a gift horse in the mouth?

I've entered another blog contest. One of the rules for entering is posting the following picture and a link.

http://laurebijoux.canalblog.com/

Live long and prosper. \\//

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you feel better. I hate migraines!! I like the lace - what pattern is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, nice to meet you here!
    Beautiful WIPs!
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    P.S. I'm a crafter, too, and knitting and beads are two of my bigger passions!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Has your doctor ever tried you on Fioricet for your migraines? It is a narcotic in a tylenol base. It has been around forever but for many people works very well to relieve the occasional migraine. It is addictive, so doctors don't like to use it in people who have frequent migraines but for the occasional one, it can help. Consider talking to you doctor about it next time you have an appointment.

    ReplyDelete