"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/5/11

Simple Womans Daybook for January 4, 2011




FOR TODAY
January 5, 2011

Outside my window...
It's pitch black outside the window, but I know it's snowing.

I am thinking...
the thought of cooking dinner is bringing on a feeling of loathing because my back hurts really bad today. I'm calling Sweet Hubby to bring home take out. I do not want to stand up in front of a stove, or stand up at all. It was enough just going into Coeur d'Alene today and getting around. I'm exhausted and feeling cranky.

I am thankful for...
my heating/massage pad. It feels good on a pain infested back.

From the kitchen...
There is a major mess on the island. All the mail for the past 3 or 4 weeks has been piling up. I need to chuck the junk and file the important things.

I am wearing...
a long sleeved dark purple scoop neck t-shirt and black twill slacks.

I am creating...
this here blog post.
The 7th Victim
I am going...
no where tonight. Gonna stay home and cuddle with my heating pad while watching tv and knitting. Keeping comfortable is the number one priority for me.

 
I am reading... 
7th Victim by Alan Jacobson. It reminds me of the tv show called Criminal Minds because it's about an FBI profiler trying to find a serial killer.

I am hoping...

the weather is a little better tomorrow because I need to drive into Coeur d'Alene for my knitting class that no one will probably come to.

Nothing in CommonI am hearing...
the tv. I've got a Tom Hanks movie on called Nothing in Common. I'd not seen this movie before. It has Jackie Gleason in it playing Toms father. So far, it's been a good movie.

Around the house...

aside from the tv, it's quiet. All the fur kids are asleep.

One of my favorite things...
is being with other knitters. I had Yarnies this morning and Knitwits in the afternoon. It felt so good to be amongst people with a passion for the same thing I do.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
go into Coeur d'Alene for my class tomorrow. I also need to get busy with fair plans. I want to redo the entry categories for knitting so they better fit our needs. I'm also gonna finish at least one sock and figure out what sweater I'm going to cast on next.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
I'm missing my brother-in-law Chet today. This is a pic I took last summer when we were on our road trip. We were staying at a campground a couple miles from Mt. Rushmore and he and his wife, Diane, were sharing a computer moment.


If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment