"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/12/10

Sunday Ramblings

I have been extremely busy of late. Somehow, though, I've managed to finish 3 pairs of fingerless mitts in the last few days. I have 2 more pair to go and I'll be done with the Christmas knitting. Photos will come later in the week.

I also made myself some new jewelry. Saturday night was the annual company Christmas party, so I made something new to wear with the black and red blouse I wore to the party, along with black velvet slacks. I made three Octahedral beaded beads in red, black, and gold. Then made them into a necklace. Then I made a bracelet and earrings to match. I managed to lose one of the earrings sometime between the party and home. I suspect it's lying in the parking lot at the hotel where the party was held. By now, buried in snow, or smashed flat and broken by someones car running over it. It's okay, I can make another one. I will post pics of the jewelry later this week too.

This evening I tried out Skype. What a cool thing! It's a program that lets you do video calls via the internet. You have to have an internet connection, a microphone, a web camera, and the program (which is free) installed on your computer. The person you want to call does too. It was very easy to set up. I could talk with Sarah and see her at the same time. Even though we're clear across the country from each other, we were able to show each other our current finished works, and works in progress. She also did a little video tour of the place they're staying at right now. It sure was good to see her and Frank. I'm sure we will have more of these video chat sessions. It was definitely better than just an ordinary phone call. Technology can be awesome.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. My family is a big fan of Skype. With a sister in Seattle, one in Boise, me in San Diego and another with my parents in Post Falls it has been amazing. I love waking up in the morning with a cup of coffee and chatting with my family. Especially now that I have a super adorable nephew. You can also use Google Talk in gmail or igoogle. I'm excited for Christmas morning skype. :)

    ReplyDelete