"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/28/10

Phooey!

I spent most of this morning on the phone with a Dell tech support guy. I started our relationship with "I think the hard drive is bad." But you know how tech support guys are. They have to go through their whole routine before they are willing to try your suggestion (Is there a test we can run to check the hard drive?") So I patiently went through two and a half hours of pushing buttons and reading what showed up on the screen as we went.

Finally, when nothing worked, including resetting the system to it's factory default condition (sob), I asked again if there was a test we could run to check the hard drive. We started the test.

Guess what? Yup! It's a bad hard drive.

Remember the problem I had when I first got Purple Dell? Yeah. The drive was bad then. They are sending me a new hard drive. I am expected to install it myself. HA HA HA! I am supposed to call a technician when the drive arrives and he will assist me over the phone.

Yeah. Right.

In the meantime I will be using Sweet Hubby's Ipad.

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Do you have any computer geek type companies in your area? Some of them are pretty reasonably priced, it might be worth paying someone to install it.

    I spent a good part of an evening once with a tech person trying to get an answer to a router problem. She finally gave me the "you'll have to call back in a half hour since our something or other is down", which when translated into English meant "I have no flipping idea, hopefully when you call back in half an hour somebody else will get the call". In the interim, I called our cable company and their tech guy fixed it in about 5 minutes. Phooey, indeed.

    ReplyDelete