"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/19/10

Christmas Party Necklace

Finally! I got some time to set up the light box and take some pics. Todays post will be about the necklace  and matching bracelet I made to wear to the annual company party at Chief Architect (where Sweet Hubby works). Click on the pics for a larger view.

Necklace and Bracelet

I made some octahedron beaded beads and assembled them into a necklace.

Main Focal Bead

I used 6mm Czech black firepolish crystals, 4mm Czech black firepolish crystals, 4mm Chinese round red crystals,  3mm Czech red opaque firepolish crystals, 10mm AB Bicone Swarovski crystals, 8mm AB Bicone Swarovski Crystals, size 8 Japanese opaque black seed beads, size 11 Japanese brass lined clear seed beads, size 15 Czech opaque red Charlotte seed beads, 15mm Japanese gold-lined crystal seed beads, 5mm Czech black glass spacers, gold toggle clasps.

Secondary Focal Bead

I did some simple stringing for the matching bracelet.

Matching bracelet

I made a pair of dangle loop earrings too but I lost one the night I wore them, so I took the other one apart and put the beads away to be used for some other project. I don't have pierced ears, so dangle earrings don't stay on me for long. One of these days I should get my ears pierced.

It has been a weekend of chilly temps and light snow. Just enough snow to muck things up. I have been knitting some, and doing laundry and whatnot. I got the first of the last set of mitts done and I'm about 2/3rds of the way through the second mitt. I hope to finish that tonight. Then the Christmas knitting will be done. My goodness, what will I knit next? There are so many choices!

Live long and prosper. \\//

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you found some time to make the jewelry to go with your outfit. They came out nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, festive jewelry! Glad you're almost finished with holiday knitting. What a relief, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty LJ. another winner.
    Hummer

    ReplyDelete