"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/26/10

Who Knew?

...that Klingons knit?


I just never know what I'm gonna find on the internet. This photo was found on a web site featuring Rare Star Trek The Next Generation photos. There is much awesomeness there.

So, how was your Thanksgiving? Mine turned out very nice. For the first time in I don't know how long it was just us and Dan and Sue and our kids, plus one sister-in-law, Elizabeth. I can't remember the last time we were together with all our kids and their significant others at a table for a meal.

The food, of course, was delicious. It was Sue's turn to do the Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and gravy. Sue should be given a Nobel Prize for her gravy. It's that good. I made brandied cranberries, green bean casserole, and a cheese-ball which I served with crackers and celery sticks. We also had rolls, and the required large bowl of black olives (the kids insist). Dan cooked a salmon too.

For dessert I made a banana cake, and there was plenty of pie. We had pumpkin pie, apple pie, chocolate cream pie, and huckleberry cheesecake.

Today I'm gonna let all that digest. No Black Friday shopping for me. No amount of savings is worth the incredible shopping insanity that goes on this day. I think I'll do laundry, and follow that there Klingons example and knit, or maybe bead.

Tonight the whole Park family gets together for our annual After Thanksgiving Thanksgiving where we all bring our leftovers and eat them. There'll probably be 25 of us tonight. Gonna be crazy fun.

Have I mentioned our phone line/internet problems have been fixed? On Wednesday the phone started doing this weird ringing once and then nothing thing. It got quite annoying. So I called the repairman who had been here Monday to complain. He answered the phone with "I was just trying to call you! All I could get was 1 ring and then it tripped to static." Yay!!! He came right out, found the problem in about 3 minutes, and fixed it.

Live long and prosper. \\//

26 down, 4 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment