"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/22/10

Pink Lace Mitts

I have finished the pink lace mitts.




Pattern: Fancy That! Malibrigo Gloves by Hannah Poon
Size: Womans


Yarn: Snuggly Wuggly Baby Sport yarn by Loops & Threads in medium green.
Content:
100% Acrylic

Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 6.

Cast on: November 13, 2010
Bound off: November 15, 2010

Comments: I love this pattern. However, as usual, I have made some small adjustments. The thumb wasn't quite long enough for my taste so I added some length to it. Instead of binding off the 10 gusset stitches, I put them on a holder. When I was done with the body of the mitt I put the thumb sts on needles, picked up 2 sts at the gap over the gusset, and knit 7 rows of 2x2 rib, then bound off in ribbing. Now it's perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~

My friend Andrea has Pugs. She is a Pug rescuer. I adore her Pugs. They are such sweet and rascally little fellows. She also runs my favorite local yarn shop, CDA Yarn and Fiber. She has given me permission to share this years Christmas photo on my blog. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Buddy, Erwin, and Chester in their wonderful sweaters made by Andrea.


Erwin is a foster who is looking for a home. So if you live near Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and you need a Pug to love and care for until death do you part, Andrea's the one to talk to. You can get a hold of her at the shop.

I worked on the cardigan last night. Got about 2 inches of the first sleeve done. I shall carry on some more tonight.

Today it has been snowing. all. day. long. We've got just over 8 inches of snow now and it's still coming down. We have blizzard warnings for tonight. I was going to take my daughter to see the new Harry Potter movie, but the roads are so crazy I decided to pick safety instead and stay home. On the first snowy/icy commute day of the season it is a good thing to stay off the roads if you don't need to be on them.

The repair men showed up to fix our phone/internet. They did all kinds of tests and could find nothing wrong. Isn't that typical? The static on the line stopped and everything worked fine. Actually, it's still working fine. Perhaps their presence scared it back into good behavior.

Live long and prosper. \\//

22 down, 8 to go.

1 comment:

  1. Very nice mitts! I have a hat and mittens in that shade of red that my grandmother gave me for my 12th birthday--which, in a few weeks, will be 40 years ago. I still have the hat and one mitten somewhere; movers lost the other ages ago. But I still treasure them.

    ReplyDelete