"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/30/10

The Birds Have Returned

This morning there were 7 Magpies, 4 Flickers, and an undetermined number of Chickadees enjoying the Parkarosa bird buffet. The birds have returned. Around September they stopped coming to the feeder because there was plenty of food in the wild. Now, with 18 inches of snow covering all that food up, they're taking advantage of the free food provided by yours truly.

Speaking of snow, that's what it's doing right now. We've got winter storm warnings for today and tomorrow. That 6 to 9 inches I mentioned yesterday has grown to 6 to 10 inches. I hope they are greatly exaggerating because I need to go into Coeur d'Alene tomorrow. It's the Knitwits December meeting where all the stuff we made this year gets distributed. I don't want to miss that.

Yesterday Ruth and I put up the Christmas tree, and decorated it.


This year we have something new on the tree. Moose!


I found this strand of moose lights at a gift shop in the Buffalo Bill Historical Center while on our vacation last June. I had to have them.

This is the spiral rope necklace I'm working on for the beaded donut.


A close up.


Metallic purple and gold lined beads.

Wow! Today is the end of NaBloPoMo. 30 posts in 30 days. Somehow I managed it. It was fun, but I'll be glad to no longer be facing the pressure of coming up with something every single day. Things are returning to normal now. ;-)

Live long and prosper. \\//

1 comment:

  1. Love the tree and the moose lights. Too cute! And the spiral stitch is one of my favorites! love your colors!

    They are doing the blog post a day again for December if you want to join back in! :-) I didn't do so well in November, so I'm going to try again in December.

    ReplyDelete