"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

11/5/10

Amost Forgot

Sheesh! I almost forgot to post on the blog today. I've got 15 minutes, so this will be short and sweet. Yesterdays classes went really well. Everyone who said they were gonna be there was there. I enjoyed it so much too. I really do love to teach knitting. I had one student in my morning Knitting Clinic class. She needed help with some shorts she's making for her daughter, and a lesson on how to do the mattress stitch for sewing seams.

The Fingerless Mitts class had 4 students. It's my first time teaching this class so I'm not sure I have the timing correct. In the first session I planned to cast on and knit 4 inches of cuff and to at least halfway through the thumb gusset. One student finished her whole mitt, one got to about where I figured we'd be, one was just behind her, and the fourth one had about an inch done on the cuff. So maybe I need to reconsider the time frame plan for this class.

As usual, I knit along with my students. I ended behind too, but I would expect that since I'm helping everyone out. The mitt so far:


Don't worry, I don't have the students knitting with fuzzy yarn. They are all using Noro Kureyon type yarn, as they should.

The Teal cardigan progresses. I have 6.5 inches left of the body.


It feels like it's taking an eternity to knit. I have to keep reminding myself I'm knitting 3 parts at once-both fronts and the back. All I'll have left after I'm done with this is a couple sleeves. ;-)

 Live long and prosper. \\//

5 down, 25 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment