"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/29/10

My Pulsera Capricho

As I promised, here is the beading project I finished yesterday. It's a bangle bracelet, for me.


 The pattern is named Pulsera Capricho and it is on a Spanish blog. It's a pretty simple pattern. You make a base of 5-bead netting with size 11 seed beads, then embellish with 4mm beads and size 15 seeds. 


 I used 360 eggplant purple 4mm glass pearls (I counted, because I wanted to know), bronze size 15's, and two colors of size 11's- matte gold and transparent rootbeer with an AB finish. Those last ones glow bright gold in the light even though technically they're brown.


 If I make this again, I will be making sure to have tighter tension. Mine is a little on the loose side, so it's a bit floppy. Other than that, it fits me perfectly.

I finished the first sleeve on the Navy Textured  pullover last night. Now, for sleeve two.

Live long and prosper. \\//

4 comments:

  1. Oh my but that is stunning. It always amazes me how you can take a pattern that is relatively simple and come out with such an intricate looking bracelet! Beautiful, just beautiful!
    ~Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! That's incredible. It looks so... solid, like it's made of solid gold with pearls on top. I've got to bookmark that pattern! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very very beautiful ! congratulations
    kisss from Nice in France ;)

    ReplyDelete