"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/28/10

Just a Flower, but Oh, What a Flower!

I grew this.


It's a dahlia. A Spider dahlia, to be precise, in a lovely wine color. If not for this years weird weather, this would have never bloomed. We usually get our first frost in August, then a couple weeks or so of nice weather, then in September we start getting them regularly. That hasn't happened this year. We have yet to have our first frost.

I've put my hand in the pic so you can see how big it is.


Yup! It's a whopper. It takes up the whole vase all by itself. I was gonna give up on growing dahlias. I've changed my mind.

 This is grandkitty Lindy, She was taking a nap while I was beading out on the deck yesterday. I don't have very many opportunities left to do that this year so I grab them when I can. She looks so sweet and innocent.


When she's awake she has all the qualities of a stubborn red headed Siamese. She gets into all kinds of trouble. Yes, I like her best like this.

I finished the beading project. I'll post it tomorrow.



Live long and prosper. \\//

No comments:

Post a Comment