"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/31/10

Going Camping

It will be quiet here on the blog for the next few days. We're going camping. Heading for one of our local favorite camping spots on Priest Lake. We've always wanted to spend a whole week there. This is the summer we're doing it. There is no internet there, or cell phone service, except for that one little spot by the big tree down on the beach. I'm not that dependent on my cell phone to go to the trouble of finding it. There isn't even electricity, and the toilets are outhouses. I'm looking forward to a week of no technology. I will, of course, take some knitting and beading with me.

I have to come back on Wednesday for the Knitwits meeting. It's the last one for the members to give me their fair entries so I have to be there for sure.

Speaking of the fair, I've had quite a frustrating time finding out what I'm supposed to be doing. I missed the last training meeting (sigh) and couldn't find anyone who knew what my schedule was supposed to be. I finally got a hold of the right person tonight. I'm so relieved. I was starting to get really worried not knowing the days and hours and where I need to be and what I need to be doing. Now I'm all ready and feeling pretty good about my first year as Superintendent of Knitting. It's going to be a lot of work, but it will be fun. I'm especially looking forward to the Entry days when I get to meet the knitters in the area who are entering things.



 Tommy seems to be improving. He's been pretty depressed since Morgan has been gone. He was unusually subdued. Not his usual rambunctious self. He hasn't been eating much, insists on laying in Morgans bed with Morgans blankie and he just looks so sad. But the last couple days he's started getting back to his rascally little self. I think this camping trip is going to be good for him. I don't care what people say. Animals have emotions and feelings. There is no way you can watch Tommy the last 2 weeks and not see that he misses Morgan.

Well, I need to get back to packing. Have a good week.

1 comment:

  1. Happy camping!

    I am always amazed at how animals grieve. We had two cats, Lester and Gaspe, who were great buddies. When Gaspe died, Lester spent months lying in the chair where Gaspe had spent his final weekend, curled with his face in the corner. He'd come out for food, water, and litter box, but that was all. No amount of petting would console him.

    When Lester died, we expected our dog, Wilbur, to be effected, as he's extremely emotional. So we spent the entire day making over him, buying him a new bed, taking him to play with other dogs. It helped...but he'd still go to the basement and look for Lester's litter box for many months.

    There is so much more to them than we realize...

    ReplyDelete