"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

7/25/10

A Day of Finishing

Yesterday turned out to be a day of finishing projects. The weather was perfect-not too hot, not too cold, so I was out on the deck all day enjoying it while I created.

In the morning I finished the double spiral bracelet.


 I changed some of the beads I was going to use. The dark green really wasn't doing it for me, and the real coral beads were too big. I thought about using white pearls instead but that isn't what I wanted. So I popped into Bead Creative in Coeur d'Alene and found some pearlized deep coral pink druks. They are perfect, just what I needed. I love the results. It reminds me of ribbon candy.


So, just for those who want to know, this bracelet is done in Double Spiral stitch with 4mm druks in pearlized dark coral pink, 4mm Swarovski crystals in Chrysolite green, size 8 seed beads in a light green, size 11 seeds beads in the same light green, and size 11 seed beads in coral pink.

I worked on and finished the second of the Herringbone Rib socks in the afternoon/evening. I will post pics later this week. It was some pretty intense knitting. As I was knitting away on the foot I started wondering if I had enough yarn left. The ball was getting so small. So I stopped and unrolled it, trying to figure out how many colorway pattern repeats there were. I came to the conclusion I didn't have enough yarn. So I'm knitting away, 'knowing' I don't have enough yarn and trying to figure out what I can do that will work well enough that I can still enter them in the fair. I just kept knitting, getting more and more frustrated. By the time I got to the toe, I realized I must have counted wrong because clearly I had enough. Just enough though. There was no wiggle room. (I'm so glad I decided NOT to carry the stitch pattern down into the foot portion.) It's a relief to have them done. I was getting pretty stressed out for a bit there.

This morning I dug out the Blackberry Ricks. I think I have time to finish them for the fair too. I sat out on the deck this morning working on them. I'm definitely in a sock knitting mood.

A couple nights ago we were visited by a Moose mama and her twins. These are new for this year. Unfortunately, it was too dark for me to identify who the Mama is and she was too shy to get close enough for my camera. But I got a semi-decent pic of the babies.



Today it is hot out. So I'm hunkering down in the house with the air conditioner going. I should probably go grocery shopping because the fridge is getting pretty bare, but I really don't want to go out in that heat today.

Have a great day.

3 comments:

  1. beautiful bracelet and i love the picture of the two baby moose twins! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job on the beading. I love your ribbon candy spiral bracelet. Cute baby mooses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely bracelet, and I love the baby moose (mooses? Moosii? Meese?)

    ReplyDelete