"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/1/10

What a Weekend

I hope everyone had a nice Memorial Day weekend. Mine was wet. It rained the whole weekend. It was also busy.

On Saturday evening was the annual family barbecue. We had it at Dan and Sue's. About half the family was able to come. As usual, we had too much food. I took a jello salad, and my daughter made a Pumpkin Pie. Everything was very tasty and we had fun catching up with each other on what's been happening in our lives.

Sunday I worked on the Knitwits vest. I got all the bands knitted. I tried sewing it together but I was making a mess of it, so I put it aside for a time. And the rain fell.

Monday Ruth and I cleaned house for dinner guests, and I cooked. I made a cheesecake, and Waldorf salad, amongst other things. Those of us going on our road trip to Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore got together for a planning meeting to make sure we are all on the same page as to where we're going and how we're getting there. We also planned meals for the first half of the trip so we know what to stock our coolers and fridges with. I'm getting pretty excited about the trip now. Can't believe it's less than 3 weeks away.

I was going to take my laptop with me and blog along the way, but I have changed my mind. Power is a problem for my laptop. The battery lasts 1.5 hours at the most. How do I recharge it? Most of the campgrounds we're staying at don't have power. It's gonna be hard enough getting my Nook charged. Sweet Hubby is taking his laptop. His battery lasts longer. I'll borrow his if I feel the need to blog.

This morning I sewed up the Knitwits vest. It is done.


Yes, it looks a little different than the pic in the pattern. I did not like the rolled edging on the bands. They looked so tacky. So I changed them. I used the bottom welt pattern. I think it looks very classy now.

I have Rathdrum Knitalong today. I think I'll take the Monkey Sock with me.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment