"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/8/10

Simple Womans Daybook for June 8, 2010



 

FOR TODAY
June 8, 2010

Outside my window...
A bright light in the sky. It's my understanding that some folks call it the sun.

I am thinking...
about a myth that so many people believe. That myth is that men have one less rib than women. This idea started because of the biblical Adam and Eve story of how Eve was created from one of Adams ribs . Actually, men and women have the same number of ribs. I find it amazing that so many Christians insist on believing a myth that is so easily disproved.

I am thankful for...
Facebook. I can keep in touch with my friends and family on a daily basis. Imagine having a chat session with 3 or 4 of my friends from home. When I was young, that wasn't possible. Remember when long distance phone calls cost a fortune? And 9 times out of 10 the connection was full of static and hard to hear? And to share pictures with each other you had to have them printed on paper, then send them in an envelope, and wait for several days for your friends to receive them? I do.

From the kitchen...
Ants. Not as bad as they were at the beginning of spring, but there just the same. We're on our third infestation. First it was the great big black carpenter ants. Then it was the smaller regular black ants. Now it's itty bitty little black ants (sugar ants?). Their days are numbered, thanks to Grants Ant Stakes.

I am wearing...
The usual jammies and purple fuzzy robe. I need to get my act together and get dressed. Jeans and some sort of pretty top I suspect.

I am creating... 
A Treasury of Knitting Patternsthe front for the Navy Blue pullover. I've got the ribbing done and am now well into the first repeat of the basket weave stitch.

I am going...
to the library today. I have Rathdrum Knitalong this afternoon. I'm taking the Navy Blue textured pullover to work on, and I'm taking my Barbara G. Walker collection of stitch treasuries. Some of the members asked me to bring them because they don't know what a stitch dictionary is and wanted to see them. After the meeting I need to go forage for food at the local food dispensary.

I am reading...
 
The Christian Delusion: Why Faith Fails. It's been incredibly interesting. One of the things I've found fascinating is how much of the 'history' that is in the bible actually has never happened-like Noah's flood, the Isrealites leaving Egypt and wandering in the wilderness for 40 years, the walls of Jericho coming down, etc. There's absolutely no evidence for most of it occurring. Wow!

I am hoping...

the weather will be nice on Saturday. I'd hate to have our World Wide Knit in Public Day rained on.

I am hearing...

Whoopie Goldberg. The View is on the tv. I need to change the channel.

Around the house...

Yarn, all over the place. How did that happen?

One of my favorite things...
Coffee. I drink decaf, so it's not the caffeine. There's just something comforting about starting my day with a cup of freshly brewed coffee, with a bit of sugar in it.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
It's a busy one. I have Rathdrum Knitalong group today, CDA Yarnies tomorrow morning, getting my hair cut in the afternoon. On Thursday I'm meeting with the young lady who will be babysitting our house while we're on our road trip. (No knitting class. The shop will be closed.) Friday we're planning to have a girls movie date. We want to see hunky bare chested guys in leather skirts (Prince of Persia).

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

 I'm glad it doesn't look like this out front.



Have a great day.

If you want to join the Simple Womans Daybook, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment