"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

6/10/10

Big Skein

I got some knitting done yesterday. I worked on the Navy Textured pullover most of the time I had for knitting and got 6 inches done. In the evening, though, I took a break to work on something using this huge skein of Rainbow Boucle I got from Knitwits that I mentioned the other day.



I've decided to make a lacy shrug with it  using a really simple stitch pattern because with the texture nothing else will show. I'm even using size 15 needles. It feels kind of weird too. It's been awhile since I've done a truly big needle knit. I don't like working with this yarn so, thankfully, the project will knit up quickly.

It rained all day, and it's supposed to rain all day today too. Starting to wonder if we should bet the Kayaks out of the storage shed. However, dry warm weather is headed this way just in time for World Wide Knit in Public Day. Hurray! It's supposed to be perfect 72 degrees on Saturday.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment