"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/6/10

Little Personal Pizzas

I've decided to share a recipe today. I don't do that very often. Don't know why. Anyway, this is something my family loves. It's quick and easy too.

Little Personal Pizzas




 6 English Muffins split in half
1/2 lb of ground beef
1/2 tsp Italian Herb mix
1- 6oz can tomato paste
1- 4oz can sliced mushrooms
1- 2.25oz can sliced black olives
6 to 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese grated.

Brown the ground beef with the Italian Herb mix. Spread the tomato paste on the English Muffin halves and place on a cookie sheet. Sprinkle the browned ground beef, mushrooms, and black olives on top each Muffin half. Cover with grated Monterey Jack cheese.

Bake at 450F for 10 minutes. Mmmm, good!

I usually serve them with sliced melon and a salad. Nice and healthy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I had a wonderful day yesterday, even though I forgot to take the finished baby things with me. Oh well, I guess it'll be next month. Anyway, I stopped into Staples (big office supply chain) to pick up a little plastic box to store some things in. In the main center aisle there was a little table with about 2 dozen assorted books on it, and a sign that said 2 for $10 or $5.99 each. One of the books was Kaffe Fassetts Kaffe Knits Again. I absolutely adore his knitting books and own almost all of them. I didn't have this one, so I bought it for $5.99.




The regular price marked on it is $35.00. I was pretty excited about scoring a deal like that. Then I found out it's out of print and going for $135 on Ebay. I'm gonna be high on this for WEEKS!

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment