"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/10/10

It Was a Good Day!

Mothers Day was great! The family spoiled me rotten. Sweet Hubby cooked me breakfast. Then I got presents, a box of chocolates and this (SQUEE!!!!):



The Nook. It is awesome! So easy to use. As soon as it was charged up I downloaded a Star Trek novel. It only took a few minutes and then I was reading it. I love that I can enlarge the font size so it's easier for me to see.

Besides starting a new book, I also played with my Nook. One of the things I did was download the PDF knitting pattern I'm using for the Navy Textured sweater from my laptop to my Nook (which I've named Lilly). I was successful.



Too cool! Here is the front page of the pattern. The pics are greyscale. (Color screen is probably in the near future, but I didn't want to wait.)



And the first page of instructions.



Awesomeness squared! Speaking of the Navy Textured sweater, a progress pic.


Luvin' it!

In the evening I was taken to a movie-Ironman 2, which I enjoyed immensely, and then dinner at the Outback Steakhouse for Prime Rib. Yum! I even got to have a Wallaby Darn (peach flavored cocktail of awesomeness).

Sarah and Frank sent me flowers, which arrived Friday. 3 adorable little buckets of bulbs, and a box of chocolates.



The plants are growing like crazy. I'm looking forward to seeing them bloom.

I got a bit of beading done yesterday too. I started a bracelet in ndebele stitch.


I don't have a pattern, but there are several pictures of this particular bracelet all over the internet, so I'm winging it. It's a fun one to work on.

Today I am taking the boys to the vet for shots. I'm going to see how Morgan is doing too.

The sun is shining and the sky is blue. I think I'm gonna go bake in the sun for a bit. Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment