"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

5/24/10

Grosbeak Central

Wow! It's Grosbeak central here at the Parkarosa Bird Buffet. The six Evening Grosbeaks are still hanging around. They have almost completely emptied both feeders already, and I am out of feed. I will have to go get some more.

They have inspired another variety of Grosbeak to show up. This fellow is not camera shy in the least. He gladly posed for me.



I haven't seen a Black Headed Grosbeak in two years.



Just the one male so far. I expect to see the female eventually.


I made significant progress on the lace shrug over the weekend. Only 2 more inches to go and I'll be back to knitting cuff ribbing. Needless to say, I'm getting excited. Finally, I'm getting to the end of this project. 46 inches is a long way with sport weight yarn.

I also have cast on for a pair of Monkey Socks. My friend Judy has arthritis in her hands. She knits but it's hard for her to use the little needles. She also had a bead stash that she wished to get rid of. So, in exchange for her bead stash, I'm knitting her two pair of socks. She was kind enough to choose purple yarn for both pairs, which you'll see later this week. It's pretty stuff. She definitely wants Monkey socks. I get to choose whatever I want for the second pair.

We are still having frigid temps at night. I have 6 plants that I have not put in the ground yet because of this. I've been taking 'em out in the morning, and bringing them back in at evening. Last night I forgot. I jerked awake at 1:30 a.m. suddenly remembering them. I immediately went outside to get them. The thermometer said 26F degrees. WTF! Fortunately, the plants survived, though they did get singed a bit.

Have a warm day.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures of the Grosbeak male! Doesn't seem concerned by you in the least!

    ReplyDelete