"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/10/10

An Ugly Scarf and Yarnies




Ugly Yarn Scarf for Knitwits

Pattern: Mohair Lace Scarf by Beadknitter
Size:  70 inches long by 6 inches wide .
Yarn: Dawn Mospun (2 strands held together)
Content:
100% Acrylic 
Needles: Addi Turbo Circular size 15
Cast on: March 7, 2010
Bound off: March 19, 2010

Comments: Love the pattern, but I'm biased. Working with the yarn was interesting. It was an old acrylic fake mohair made in the 1950s with a very plastic feel to it. Thus, the name of the project-Ugly Yarn. I machine washed and dried it after it was done. It was so soft and cuddly and fluffy after that. I am quite pleased with how it turned out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Last Wednesday, when I went to my Yarnies meeting, I took my camera with me. Here are some pics of people who I'm very lucky to have in my life.

One side of the sitting area has a couch. This is Judy, Joyce, and Victoria on the left, and a new gal named Teran on the right. Teran has Alpacas.



The other side of the sitting area. That is Liz, Annie, and Teran.



Andrea is the shop owner as well as my friend.



Judy being, well, Judy. She is the self appointed Tea server. She loves to get everyone a cup of tea when we're there.


We were having home made chocolate cheesecake that day too, provided by Andrea. Judy made sure everyone had a piece. I made sure not to take pics of anyone just as they're starting to chew. ;-)

Bugsy is shop mascot and official sniffer of food to make sure it's edible. His attention was totally on Terans' cheesecake. He takes his job seriously.



Liz is actually fairly new to the group. She is originally from Mississippi and has a southern accent when she talks. She also is a real sweetheart and has the most wonderful sense of humor. She can make me laugh until I pee my pants.



Annie is checking out a book of Estonian Lace projects (an awesome book, by the way. Project photos are sure to cause drooling in lace knitters). She was sporting her freshly finished vest that day.



This is Joyce. She knits a lot of hats and socks. She's also very kind and quick witted. She loves chocolate too.



Teran and Annie deep in conversation with Liz. Buddy is doing his best Jedi Mind Control Stare. It didn't' work.



Liz again. She knits in Portuguese style. It's kind of interesting to watch. I'm going to try it one of these days.



There are a few ladies not pictured here because they weren't at the meeting. Maybe I can catch them next time. Not all of us knit. Some crochet. We are a group for yarn addicts. (Doesn't matter how you're using it.)

CDA Yarnies. We meet at CDA Yarn and Fiber on Wednesdays from 10:30am to 12:30pm. Feel free to join us if you can.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed the peek at the knitting group.
    scarmitage

    ReplyDelete