"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

4/16/10

Knitting WIPS for This Week

I have finished the first Blackberry Rick sock. Oh, do I ever love it!



These socks have a left and a right. I finished the right one.

Here's the other side.



Off the blocker.



I can hardly wait to get started on the left one.

Yesterday I took my car and our Echo in for tune ups and regular maintenance (Ruth helped. I can't drive two cars at once). I decided to take truly brainless knitting for the day. I got considerable amounts done on the first of my Star Trek socks because I ended up waiting 3.5 hours for my car instead of the expected 45 minutes.



Turned out it needed a whole lot more than just a tune up.

Last weekend I started a fairisle hat.



 I'm using some Coats and Clarks Luster Sheen I've had in the stash forever. Those are dancing cats, in case you can't tell.

I've made some progress on the lace shrug.


I sure get a lot of compliments on the yarn when I KIP this project. Too bad it's discontinued. I got the yarn at the Knitwits meeting (it was a donation). However, while digging around in the stash earlier this week I ran across a whole bag of it in the same exact color! I don't remember getting it, or how I got it. Someone must have given it to me or something though. It definitely didn't come to me as a brand new purchase cos some of the skeins look a bit used.  Anyway, it's pretty and nice to work with.

The weather is absolutely gorgeous today. Our first real 70 degree day. I am dying to get outside so I will sign off now.

Have a good day.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, your blackberry Rick sock is beautiful. I think I have that colorway (Knitting on Impulse if I remember a past post of yours correctly!)...you matched it perfectly with a pattern!

    ReplyDelete