"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

3/29/10

Spin In 2010

On Saturday my daughter Ruth and I attended the 2010 Log Cabin Spinners Spin In. It was held at a new location this year, Templin's Red Lion Inn in Post Falls. I have to say that I really liked the new location. It was so much nicer than the previous one.

We didn't arrive until after 11 (even though it started at 9) because Ruth and I were both slow to get ourselves out the door. By then the festivities were well under way. I bought my usual batch of raffle tickets (it's how they pay for the event), found an empty space on the floor for our chairs, sat down, and began Spin Inning. That consists of striking up a conversation with the nearest person to me (usually someone I don't know), followed by looking for and greeting everyone I know, perusing the market, eating lunch, perusing the market some more, attending one or two demonstrations, perusing the market yet again-all the while popping around to my chair every so often and knitting and chatting with the gals in the spinning circle my chair just happened to be in. As I was doing this, my shy daughter sat in her chair and worked on her sweater.

I forgot to take my camera (urg!), so I used my phone camera to take pictures, which isn't very good but it's better than nothing. Here they are in no particular order.

One view of the market.


Maybe it just seemed like it, but I think there were more vendors there this year. There were definitely quite a few new vendors I'd never seen before.

Linda (on the right) is concentrating on her spinning.



Daughter Ruth lost in her knitting.



There was a demonstration on this Great Wheel. It was very interesting.



She was using a pencil roving to spin.



This lady had rabbits with her



Another Great Wheel in one of the vendor booths.



Juaquetta looked so pretty seated in her booth.



Some more market.



And more market.


The raffle tickets I bought paid for themselves when my daughter won a crochet book. We had a good time. That's what's important. Already looking forward to next year.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment