"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/1/10

I Blocked the Baby Cardigan

Over the weekend I finished knitting the second sleeve.


Then I blocked all the pieces. They are all made with Plymouth Encore, which is 75% acrylic/25% wool. I pinned out the back and two front pieces to size first.


I steamed them. Then, while they dried, I pinned down the two sleeves. I was extra careful with the measurements to make sure they'd both be the same size.


Here's an artsy shot showing the texture on the back.


The front and back after blocking.


The sleeves after blocking.


I think I talked about this project a couple months ago. Someone asked me to finish this sweater. It didn't have the button/neckband on it so I put one on. I finally got around to sewing the buttons on it. I will turn it in to Knitwits later this week.


We had some snow over the weekend, but by this morning it was gone.

I can't believe it's February already. That first month of 2010 went way too fast.

Have a nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. Your photos of the blocking process are terrific, along with the instructions. I am wondering what the blocking pad or base is made of? Is this foam or paper and where do you purchase such an animal? Thank you. Joanie

    ReplyDelete