"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/27/10

Chenille Gives Her Approval

I am so sick. I've got a bug that has filled my chest with congestion and every joint in my body aches. Even joints I forgot I had. So I'm not doing much of anything. Drinking hot tea cos it soothes the sore throat, watching tv, and surfing the net. I do not feel like knitting. That's for sure.

My daughters have been busily crocheting granny squares for afghans the last couple weeks or so. I had a bag of granny squares I made when I was in college (late 70's). While digging around in the stash closet I ran across them. Sarah volunteered to finish the afghan so I could give it to Knitwits. So she learned how to make granny squares, then taught her sister Ruth how to make granny squares, and now the two of them are GS obsessed. Anyway, Ruth is almost done with the afghan she's been working on. Last night she left it sitting on one of the living room chairs. Upon returning, she discovered that Chenille was giving it her stamp of approval.



It's turning out quite beautiful. It's nice to know my daughters have inherited some of my genes.

That is all the news I have for today. I'm going to go get another cup of hot tea.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment