"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

2/10/10

Birthday Loot

I don't usually get much, if anything, for my birthday. This year was different. My birthday was last Saturday.

My first Mink! Isn't it adorable? (SQUEEEEEEE!!!!!)



It came in a lovely quilted bag-which is that fabric under his little keester. My sister made this teddy bear out of old mink coats. She has started doing this as a business. So, if you have an old fur coat that isn't worn any more but you don't want to get rid of it for whatever reason, you might consider having her make it into a bear for you. You can find her at Fairy Godmother Creations.

My sweet hubby gave me Clear Converse Chuck Taylor All Star shoes.



Now when I wear my awesome knit socks people can see them (not that it really mattered if they couldn't-but it's nice anyway).

He also gave me a bottle of Crown Royal Reserve. It's very tasty with ginger ale.


My daughter and her husband gave me beads

















in a bag she crocheted. They also gave me a skein of sock yarn in purples and browns (no pic of that).


They took me out to dinner at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants, which I think I mentioned a couple days ago. My family is awesome.

I have finished the 'unfinished' sweater. It now has bands and buttons and is all ready for a child who needs it.


I decided to start a new project, even though I have a couple other projects that have been on hold for awhile. Oh well. Maybe next time. I'm making a lace triangle shaped shawl with worsted weight yarn for Knitwits. I found the free pattern on Ravelry-of course. I'll give more details when I actually have something worth taking pics.

I also dragged out a bead crochet project I started on our trip to Tulumn Mexico last year. I had 7 of 9 yards of beads strung. I finished the last 2 yards yesterday. Now I can start crocheting. Originally I planned for this item to be a 40 inch lariat (which is why the 9 yards of stringing), but I'm thinking maybe I want something shorter with a beaded bead focal, or maybe a cab that will go with it. We'll see. The important thing is the worst of it is done-the bead stringing. The rest is all fun!

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Looks like you had a good one.

    Are you enjoying the DC snowstorm as much as I am? What's with these people they can't handle a little snow? :-)

    Like your new profile picture.

    ReplyDelete