"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/22/10

Snail Fiddling is Not an Occupation I'd Be Proud Of

The title of todays entry is a quote from a blog I found this morning that is hilarious. Sleep Talking Man is about the things Karen Slavick's husband says when he's asleep. If you need a chuckle, I recommend a visit. (Be warned, some of his night time language is not G-rated.)

You know what's even funnier? I was reading the blog this morning. I looked up at the TV and there was the blog on Good Morning America, along with Karen and her husband. Talk about coincidences!

The new washing machine was delivered and installed. I haven't tried it yet. It was delivered when I wasn't home, so the daughter got to try it first. I'll be getting good use out of it today.

I have finished the first sleeve of the baby cardigan.


No one showed up for my knitting class so I worked on it until it was done. Then I went grocery shopping at Walmart.

I went there because there was a particular item I wanted. Something my local grocery store just doesn't carry. A little piece of heaven that came out last month but I hadn't got around to getting it.


I picked up Susan Boyle's first CD, I Dreamed a Dream. It is awesome. Her voice does something to me. It soothes my soul. When I hear it an immediate peace and tranquility just come over me. Doesn't matter how stressed, sad, angry, frustrated I might be, her voice releases it. I can not stay mad when I hear her. Not very many singers can do that to me.

I also picked up some spring while at the store.


I'm anxiously waiting, though, for the daffodils. They should be hitting the local stores soon.

My snowman has a face!


Tommy was sitting on the couch looking elegant last night. I had to take a pic.


Last, but not least, I found this bib in my knitting room. I'd forgotten about it. It's a model one of my employees, Loretta Smith, stitched for me when I had my shop. I think I'll send it along with the baby sweater when the time comes.


That's all for today. Have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Amiable fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.

    ReplyDelete