"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

1/5/10

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 5, 2010



FOR TODAY

January 5, 2010

Outside my window...
Snow and slush all over everything.

I am thinking...
I am glad it has turned to rain

I am thankful for...

Blocking wires. They make blocking my knitted items so much easier.

From the kitchen...

Nothing at the moment. Haven't cooked anything in there for two days. On Sunday we went to Outback (I had a delicious Filet Mignon) and yesterday I wasn't home to cook so Ruth and I grabbed something at Wendy's.

I am wearing...
Tan slacks and a dark tweedy green sweater.

I am creating...

I've finished blocking the lace shrug and plan to sew it together today.

I am going...
to Rathdrum Knitalong-where I will sew up the seams on that shrug.

I am reading...
People of the Silence. Just started it.

I am hoping...
Ruth, Doug, and I will soon get over our bad feelings about Ruth leaving college and moving back in with us.

I am hearing...
the steady click of Ruth's keyboard as she plays Farmville on her laptop.

Around the house...
Sleeping fur kids. My favorite time of day.

One of my favorite things...
Leftover Lasagna for lunch, which I just had.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Yarnies and Knit Wits meetings on Wednesday, class on Thursday. Getting my knitting room cleaned up a bit so I can store some boxes in there on Friday.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


I always love this kind of shot of lace.

Have a nice day.

If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment