"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/17/09

Sleep-I Want Some

I don't know what is going on with Morgan lately but he's not letting me sleep. For the last 2 nights he's been waking me up every hour for one reason or another. Wants to go outside, wants a drink of water, wants to go outside, wants wants wants...? I wanted to strangle him about 4:30 this morning. He's fine during the daytime hours. So what is going on? I have a mammogram scheduled for 7:30am tomorrow. If I don't get sleep tonight I'm gonna be extra miserable for it.

Yesterday we woke up to a few inches of new snow and ice. It was enough that Doug had to plow the driveway. He got the plowing done-but the tractor broke while he was doing it. It's a MAJOR break. Hydraulic fluid is running out behind the clutch. We are talkin' money and big hassle to fix it. Sigh. Fortunately, the weather warmed up later. It turned to rain. Actually got up to 43F degrees. A lot of the snow has melted. Don't need to plow today.

Had a minor disaster at CDA Yarnies yesterday. I had the first of the fingerless gloves sitting on a table next to my chair as I knitted the second one. I also had a bottle of raspberry Crystal Light on the table. Usually I open the bottle, take a drink, put the cap back on immediately-because I know myself. I blame this on lack of sleep. I forgot to put the lid back on. Next thing I know I've knocked the bottle over and it's emptying it's contents all over the finished fingerless glove. I didn't know I could still move that fast. Anyway-I dashed to the nearest sink and rinsed it out in cold water. That stuff stains like Koolaid, so I lucked out on that one. Thankfully the Crystal Light came out.

For those who need to know, I will not be teaching anything for the next two weeks. No knitting, no beading. Got too much going on those two weeks. I wish my students happy holidays and see you next year.

Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment