"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/29/09

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 29, 2009



Outside my window...
It's cloudy and cold. It started snowing, then stopped. The forecast is for snow.

I am thinking...
about taking down the Christmas Tree today. I don't know why. Usually I wait until the weekend after New Years.

I am thankful for...
Two things. My Dad is being released from the hospital today. Yay!

My home. I know it isn't much-a double wide mobile home, but I love it. Sweet Hubby and I waited a long time to own our own home and I really appreciate having it.

From the kitchen...
A serious dent has been made in the piles of Christmas cookies. I'm about cookied out. I could go for cake, or pie, or pudding. Mmm..tapioca pudding.

I am wearing...
jeans and a t-shirt. Not going anywhere today, so I don't need to dress up.

I am creating...
good question. I am in the mood for cross stitch. I'm thinking about digging out my little snowman project and finishing it.

I am going...
nowhere, which is really a good thing because I'm in pain today. Tommy jumped up and slammed into my side yesterday at just the wrong time and managed to knock me over. Not only did I drop my laptop (which broke-but I fixed it), but I twisted my back and it hurts. My knee slammed into the floor too. I'm going to let some healing happen.

I am reading...
Still working on 7th Heaven by James Patterson. I haven't had much time for book reading lately.

I am hoping...
daughter Ruth decides what she's going to do for this last semester of school. She only needs one more class and she can graduate. The questions are does she go back to Moscow and take the class on campus? Or move back home and take it at the local U of Idaho satellite school? Or take it online? Inquiring minds need to know.

I am hearing...
the funny gurgling noises the ice maker makes in our refrigerator.

Around the house...
Ruth's toys. A Wii, games, and controller in front of the tv, box of yarn on the coffee table, tube of blocking wires on the floor in front of the couch, various and assorted puzzles all over the place. Yup. My daughter is home.

One of my favorite things...
is going to a movie with Ruth. We should do that before the next semester begins.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
laundry, vacuuming, taking down the Christmas decorations.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
We had a lot more snow at this time last year than we do now. There are actually bare spots on the ground right now. Here's a pic from last year.



Have a great day.

If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment