"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/23/09

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 23, 2009



FOR TODAY
December 23, 2009

Outside my window...
A pink sunrise, an inch of fresh cotton candy snow, and Sweet Hubbies new tractor. It was delivered yesterday afternoon. He was so excited he came home early from work. He drove it around for awhile trying out all the buttons, levers, and switches. He's a happy boy.

I am thinking...
Wondering if I should go see my Dad. He's in the hospital right now (just found out last night) with pneumonia, a small blockage in his heart, and a couple other more minor problems. He's not at deaths door and says I don't need to come out there. I'm not sure what to do.

I am thankful for...
My Dad is going to be okay.

From the kitchen...
Nuthin. I was planning to make cookies yesterday but it didn't happen. Other things took precedence.

I am wearing...
a Christmas sweater and blue jeans today. I've only got a couple days left of opportunity to wear my Christmas sweaters. I think I'll wear the bright red one with the dancing snowmen on it.

I am creating...
A festive environment in my home for the big family Christmas Eve dinner. I'm havin' fun.
I am going...
To the CDA Yarnies meeting this morning. Ruth is going with me. Afterwards it's grocery shopping for tomorrows dinner.

I am reading...
Still working on 7th Heaven by James Patterson. I haven't had much time for book reading lately.

I am hoping...
everyone who celebrates a holiday at this time of year has a wonderful celebration.

I am hearing...
the clickety click of Dougs fast typing on his Mac notebook.

Around the house...
all the fur kids are sleeping. It's so peaceful right now.

One of my favorite things...
is hand dyed sock yarn and those two skeins I ordered last week have arrived. They are soooooo pretty!

A few plans for the rest of the week:
Clean up the mess on the dining room table (wrapping central this week), cooking a turkey, havin' a great time with my friends and family. Just celebrating life.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
This morning in my back yard.




If you want to join the Simple Woman's Daybook, click here.

Have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment