"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/15/09

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 15, 2009



FOR TODAY

December 15, 2009

Outside my window...
Over the last 3 days we've accumulated 4 inches of snow. It's all white and grey outside.

I am thinking...
I need another cup of coffee. I'm unusually sleepy this morning.

I am thankful for...
My husbands family. They are awesome.

From the kitchen...
I'm thinking about making fried chicken for dinner. Warm and comfortable food for a chilly snowy winter day.

I am wearing...
The usual jammies and purple fuzzy robe. I'm going to be wearing jeans, a wine red turtleneck, and one of my infamous gaudy Christmas sweater vests today.

I am creating...
Two things: 1. A pair of fingerless gloves for my daughter for Christmas. 2. A beaded necklace for my niece. I'm using pale pink pearls. She loves pink.

I am going...
to the library today. I have Rathdrum Knitalong this afternoon. I'll be going to the bank after that.

I am reading...

James Pattersons 7th Heaven. I'm a Womens Murder Club fan.

I am hoping...

the 6 to 12 inches of snow predicted for the next 12 hours doesn't happen.

I am hearing...

The click of Morgans toenails on the wood floor as he trots to the kitchen for a drink of water.

Around the house...

Lots of Christmas decorations. It looks so festive.

One of my favorite things...
The Christmas Cactus in the bathroom, on the window sill. It always starts blooming this time of year.

A few plans for the rest of the week:
It's a busy one. I have Rathdrum Knitalong group today, CDA Yarnies tomorrow, knitting class on Thursday, Giant Squish Day on Friday (mammogram time!). Somewhere in there I'm going to finish the fingerless gloves and work on my Christmas Eve dinner plans. Got 23 members of the Park family coming.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...

No comments:

Post a Comment