"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

12/13/09

Oh Deer

Morgan woke me up at 3am this morning because he needed to go outside. While I was waiting for him to come back in I glanced out the living room window. There was a deer... helping herself to the Parkarosa Seed Buffet. She was pushing the little feeder with her nose so the sunflower seeds would fall out to the ground, then eating the seed. I watched her do this for a good 10 minutes. She emptied a whole feeders worth. All this time I thought the birds were eating like little pigs I've been feeding a deer. I predict that I will be going out in the snow later today and moving that feeder out of her reach.

Last night was my husbands annual company Christmas party. I had a good time. The meal we were served was delicious. I KIPped during the party. I took my knitting with me. I worked on the next Christmas gift, a pair of fingerless gloves, and got a good 5 inches of the first one done. My hands kept busy while I sat there for a very long time. The best part though? Daughter Sarah brought her crochet project with her. I have taught her right. Woot! So the two of us were busily working on Christmas presents during the party. Our table was the productive bunch.

The White Elephant Gift Exchange was hilarious. Imagine a geeky young guy unwrapping a gift and finding a Hello Kitty Toy Tea Set. Hee-hee. What's even funnier? The CEO of the company stole it from him when it was his turn. I scored good on the gift I got to keep. I started out with a set of those funky glass Aquaglobes, which I detest. I got lucky though. Someone else wanted them and stole them. So I got to steal something from someone else. I picked my SIL Sue. She had something I wanted, which she'd stolen from my daughter (yes, many Parks work at the same company). Gifts could be stolen twice, then they were safe. My stolen booty was safe. She couldn't steal it back. Ha ha!

It's a $10 gift card for Hastings. I have to ask myself, though, what does it mean when my first thought is "Woot! New knitting book!!!!"?



Have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment