"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

9/9/09

So That's Where It Was

I found the cord to my camera. I also found the 2 missing library books. So all is right with the world-more or less. Well, maybe less, but I'll get to that later.

Almost all the pics I took at the 50th wedding anniversary party turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. No one has flames or napkins coming out their nose, or branches sticking out of their ears, or whatever (this is in reference to pictures that friends had taken at my wedding-LOL!) I think Jan will be happy with the majority of them. Here are just 3 of the 243 I took.

This is the cake, or rather, the cupcake tower that my friend Jan made. She had 5 or 6 different kinds of cupcakes. Every one of them was absolutely delicious. I want her frosting recipe!


The is Jan and Ed Murphy, our friends. Married 50 years.


This pic was taken by my daughter Sarah. I sat down at the table to take a rest. She used me and my camera for fun. We were just goofing off. She's really good at taking pictures of herself with others like this.


Caution-pictures of hard work ahead.

Here are some flooring pics. I didn't think to grab the camera until we'd already pulled up carpet and padding. Sweet Hubby is pulling staples out of the floor to prepare it for the bamboo boards.


Ruth pulled staples too. Actually, we all pulled staples. There were a lot of them used to hold the carpet padding in place.


This is me looking at my master art work.


Yeah, I glued those boards down in that corner. (That is not a tool in my hand. That is actually the arm of my husbands computer monitor that is mounted on the wall there.)

We managed to get all the way to the edge of the window that day. As much as we'd like to work on it during the week, it doesn't look like it's gonna happen because we have so much going on outside our house. I really thought things would slow down for September. HA! I guess I should look at the bright side. We are not bored with life.

Today I bought a bunch of 64 qt plastic containers to put stuff in. We are working on the room 1/3rd at a time. We moved the first third, put down the flooring. Next we'll move the middle 3rd and do it. Then the last 3rd after the middle is done. The last 3rd will require removing Sweet Hubbies DVD collection from it's 8 ft high shelving. I need the boxes for that. I figure after we're done I will then have 10 plastic boxes to store yarn and patterns in. I need to get a few cardboard boxes too, for when we do the sun room and I have to move all those books down there (Sweet Hubby and I are avid book buyers). 10 boxes is not going to be enough!

Now for the not so good news. We know what is wrong with Morgan's eyes. No, he does not have cataracts or glaucoma. He has a degenerative eye disease that is causing his corneas to fill with water. At the moment they are 3 times normal thickness, and his left cornea has a large blister in it to boot. I am going to be giving him antibiotics for awhile, and an eye ointment that may, or may not, help to dry out those cornea's a bit-both 3 times a day. Regardless what I do, it will gradually progress worse and worse and eventually become very painful for him. There is no hope of getting his sight back.

The blood in his eyes is blood vessels growing into his corneas.

Phooey.

I got 3 rows done on my Bayerische sock at the Yarnie's meeting today. So I am managing to get a little bit of knitting done.

Have a nice evening.

1 comment:

  1. I am so very sorry about Morgan's eyes. That is bad news indeed.
    Good luck. I hope he will stay well as long as possible, and even longer than that maybe...

    ReplyDelete