"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/24/09

Russian Spiral in Pearl and Gold

Russian Spiral stitch is wonderful. It's fast, easy, and quite versatile. I have made a necklace using this stitch.


I finished it Friday night and I've been wearing it ever since. I will be teaching a class on this in September. See my Beading class page for more info.

The weekend was nice, even if I did have a nasty migraine all day Saturday. Sweet Hubby went for a 51 mile bike ride, so I spent the day relaxing. I really couldn't do much else. I tried beading and knitting but the eyes ached too much from the headache. So I organized beads instead. I have several little bags of Chinese crystals that I bought at a fantastic sale earlier this month I hadn't put away yet. That, and the piles of tubes of seed beads and whatnot sitting on the table I've used over the last 2 months and not put away. Yeah, I'm a slob. It's me. Take it or leave it.

Sunday we borrowed my brother in laws little utility trailer and hauled some furniture down to Moscow, Idaho for the college daughters apartment. A couch and some chairs that were her sisters but no longer were wanted. It's old furniture, beat up and stained, but it's better than nothing. This furniture originally was ours. We bought it new many moons ago. Sweet Hubby has declared that we are not moving it again. So if college daughter wants to take it with her anywhere else, she'll be on her own. The couch weighs a TON because it's a sofa bed.

The weather was cooperative. It was not too hot. It was a pleasant trip. We took the dogs with us so they could have an adventure. The drive down was beautiful. The wheat fields are just now being harvested. In the woods are lots of golds, browns, and lime greens because we're in the last days of summer as they transition into autumn. Looking at the way nature places colors together gave me some inspiration for beading to try later this year.

I probably should mention I finished the first Bayerische sock. Now, for sock number two.

I have posted my Knitting class schedule for September on my Knitting class page.

Have a great day.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your headache. I get them all the time. Your necklace is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete