"Properly practiced, knitting soothes the troubled spirit, and it doesn't hurt the untroubled spirit either." ~ Elizabeth Zimmerman

8/4/09

Pay It Forward

There is this Pay It Forward game going around the blogosphere. I learned about it from The Jewellery Goddess, a blog I read fairly regularly. I did some research (followed the links to other blogs that are participating) in hopes of finding the original post, but have yet to find it. However, people are actually doing it. I've decided to join in on the fun. Here's how it works-the official rules:


I am entering into the following contract with the first 5 people who comment on this post and commit to do the same on their blog.



Just read below and, if you feel up to the task, copy the following into your blog and leave me a comment.



I am willing to send a surprise worldwide (I live in the USA, BUT before any goodies are sent out - I must see a post on your blog - post the link in the comments).



1. I make no guarantees that you will like what I make. Whatcha get is whatcha get.

2. What I create will be just for you, with love.

3. It’ll be done this year (2009).

4. I will not give you any clue what it’s going to be. It will be something made in the real world and not something cyber.

5. I reserve the right to do something strange or weird.

6. In return, all you need to do is post this text on your blog and make 5 things for the first 5 to respond to your blog post.

7. Send your mailing address – after I contact you.



Welcome to everyone. I will however, make an effort to do something that you like based on what I see on your blog, BUT there are no guarantees.



I like that last sentence the best cos it means no stress. I've got the whole rest of the year to get them done.

So, the first 5 comments, folks.

I've got Rathdrum Knitalong today. We've changed our meeting time to 1pm-3pm (did I mention that before?) to make things easier for all involved. I'm going to be starting 'lessons' on knitting socks on 2 circular needles. If you care to join, bring two 24 inch circular needles in size 2 or 3, 100 grams of fingering weight sock yarn, and a positive attitude. Can't make this meeting? Come to the next one (August 18) and we'll get you caught up.

Have a great day.

~~~~~~~~~~~

8/11/2009 - Edited to add: Comments for this post will be closed August 30th, 2009

1 comment:

  1. hi linda.. yup count me in.. http://beaddazzles.blogspot.com/2009/08/pay-it-forward.html

    ReplyDelete